Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Aquariart and friends at the Hoffman Quilt Challenge Exhibit



 The Hoffman Challenge exhibit went really well. 
My friend Deb took some photos- 
Here I am in my booth
My fingerless gloves were a big hit, some crocheted hats, scarves and bags and  
many of my orphaned polymer clay pieces went to new homes- Yay!! more storage space.
 During the slow moments discussions and networking with the other exhibitors 
made all the time spent there well worth it!! 

This was the last day of the four day event and I was really tired- woke up at 3:30 am that morning.
The plus of doing the 3 days was a full day to set up and leaving it set up over night.
Note my black PVC pipe back drop designed by my ingenious husband.  
It is half empty because I sold 4 of my art quilts!!

I was so fortunate to be neighbors with my doll maker friends Diane Zammito and Sandy Leal, 
LSDesigns, who sell hand dyed everything and 
scrumptious mixed media goodies of all kinds for fiberholics.

You have to see a few of their dolls:

Yes those are some of my spray painted poppy heads from WA. 
This is a mosquito doll, no face and fabulouso wings!!
I love this tree doll. Sandy's work is incredible!
An equally wonderful creations by Diane.
She is selling patterns and kits for this caterpillar doll.
Viva Alice in Wonderland!
 With all these goodies right next door it is amazing that I resisted temptation, 
 at least until the last day when I just had to have some dyed lace and silk velvet. 
Good news no calories it's eye candy!! 
Bet you wish you were there. 









1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a successful show and such talented neighbors! Good luck on the mountain this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I have made so many new and wonderful friends with this blog.
I really enjoy and benefit from your feedback about my work.
Please take a minute and comment. Thank you!