Thursday, April 8, 2010

Making more jewelry!!

I have taken a vacation from quilting and all things sewing for about 2 weeks now.  All the pressure to be ready for the quilt show is gone and it feels right to rest a little. So where does all that creative energy that keeps flowing through me go?  I am making lots of jewelry and adding new items to my Etsy Shop. (heatherp22.etsy.com)  Here is one of my new favorites. 
                             

 I always finish a piece and think maybe I should just keep it for me.  I do not want to become one of those hoarders though!  So I keep making new things and then I have new favorites. 
These polymer clay disks are so fun to make with scrap balls of clay.  You roll them under a plexiglass square and gently lift at the end and you have nice points in the center of a very round disk.  The pattern on the back is a surprise but you can control the twist and see it magically happening through the clear plexiglass.  A very fun and easy process. 


Well these disks have been sitting in my stash of UFO beads for a little while and then I discovered some wonderful ceramic bell flower shaped beads in a deep blue color.  Really nice glass rich red rounds and I pulled the least used color from the disks, the golden yellow seed beads from my stash and "Voila!"  The disks finally have a home.  I really love the way the bell flowers hang in the dangle earrings.  
                                       

I am also trying to use different color ways than I usually pick.  Here are some of the other fun beads that found a home last week.  The pink crackle stone set reminded me of easter eggs.  Unfortunately Easter was so early this year I was a bit behind the ball to promote the set for the holiday.


                                         

  I also found some really hot red orange stones in a tear drop shape and they became little angels and dancing goddesses right before my eyes!  The dancing lady has extra long arms just like me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I have made so many new and wonderful friends with this blog.
I really enjoy and benefit from your feedback about my work.
Please take a minute and comment. Thank you!