Sunday, May 9, 2010

Okay so it looks like Christmas%*!


This necklace is my second design attempt with my little polymer clay flower beads.  
The inspiration came from a bed of red lettuce poppies at the San Antonio Botanical Garden we visited in April.  Now that it is all done I think it looks a little more like Pointsettias .
What the hey it would be great with a very simple dress for a Holiday Party in December.  What do you think?

The bourgandy flower petals and green leaves I free motioned stitched in a quilt sandwich and then cut out with my very sharp little scissors.  The material under the flower beads is organza which I hope will fray a bit more and look softer.  The pink beads are little frosted lucite flowers from-
A great place to visit if you are a Beadaholic! 
I have been looking for ways to mix my art quilting with my jewelry.  It is fun to create off the wall "Project Runway" type items.  I don't know who will ever wear them but they end up not just jewelry but ART. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I'm your new swap partner. I've just spent a few minutes checking out your blog and now I know I have to be one of the luckiest swap members -- WOW! Love your beads and your designs. I'm especially taken by your Alamo beads (especially in their original incarnation) I love carved limestone! In my mother's family, there were several relatives that fought for Texas' independence, yep, I could be a "Daughter of the Republic of Texas" Okay, let the fun begin!

    Emanda
    www.ArtemisiaStudio.blogspot.com (LandArt Bracelet Challenge going on NOW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Heather is that ever gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. I am so excited to have people commenting I am just beside myself. The internet world is finally opening up for me.
    I am now part of the "Etsy Does Vegas" etsy team thanks to you Debi. And I am so looking forward to making some bead soup for you Emanda- especially now that I know you like my Alamo inspired beads and have a historic connection with them. Wow!! that gives me goose bumps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeeeee those beads. They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather, I love this! You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

I have made so many new and wonderful friends with this blog.
I really enjoy and benefit from your feedback about my work.
Please take a minute and comment. Thank you!