Thursday, June 17, 2010

Accidental Starry Nights Art

I thoroughly enjoyed the "23 Days of Inspiration" posts on Heather Powers of Humblebeads Blog.  
If you missed it go check it out here.  
One of her posts was a wonderful video about Van Gogh's art titled "Starry Nights".  
I immediately remembered something very cool that happened to me. 
 I am a firm believer that there is a power much greater than us that runs the universe. 
 It always amazes me and makes me feel wonderful when that power seems to be speaking through me.  Several years ago I was in a small fiber group that enjoyed trying new techniques. At one of our meetings we were painting on fabric with Shiva Paint sticks and I created several pieces free hand including this one. 
The fabric was dark blue with the lighter spots on it and I simply created a swirl 
and trails like a shooting star.  
I didn't think twice about it.  Here is where that power I am talking about steps in.  
A few years later I had to choose several photos to use in a polymer clay class where we learned how to do photo transfers onto clay. 
This is one of the photos I chose.  
And here is the pendant I ended up creating using that photo transfer. 
The image is reversed in the photo transfer process and there it is.  
Van Gogh's Starry Night!!
I am sometimes possessive of what I think are "My Ideas" as an artist. 
 Then something like this happens and I remember I am part of the universe and like everything in it I have a place.  I am so glad that power has such a wonderful sense of humor!!
Do you ever feel your inspiration comes from an energy outside yourself?  
Tell your story here in the comments, I would love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have made so many new and wonderful friends with this blog.
I really enjoy and benefit from your feedback about my work.
Please take a minute and comment. Thank you!