Saturday, July 9, 2011

TA DAH!!

I am so excited to show you my finished "Green Challenge" pieces 

for my local circle- Art Quilts Ect monthly challenge.  
I had my ingredients laid out for Bead Table Wednesday and here are my finished pieces. 


Right now I am in love with this set.  
Not only are the bib necklace and cuff comfortable to wear; light weight and lined with flannel.  
They drape perfectly for a stunning look. 
Here are closer looks at the necklace, 
and the cuff.

You can find out more about my process on Flickr .
I am extremely happy with the color combinations and design.  
This has inspired me to do a collection based on inspiration from nature, 
thanks to Heather Powers at Humble Beads and my art quilt group.  
I have been striving all year long for ways to incorporate my love of fiber with my love of jewelry 
and I think this will be my most unique series.  
I plan on doing seasonal pieces that will all include fiber, my handmade polymer clay components 
and beads ect. from my jewelry stash. 
I am madly working on my "feather" challenge piece too 
and hope to post it tomorrow just in time for the deadline. 
I made two sets of peacock feather beads, here they are:
My first attempt are a little subtle.
I am happiest with this second attempt because the color is more intense. 
This is the back side of the beads,  textured and painted too.
Come back tomorrow to see my Inspired by Nature: Feathers entry.
Swing by Heather Powers Blog to join in the fun.
Have a great day- I am headed for the pool!! 
  

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love the Nature necklace and cuff set. The colors are fabulous, so true. Beautiful! The peacock feather beads are great, can't wait to see what you create with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING! I love those nature pieces you are doing. And those peacock feather beads are fandamntastic!!!! I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness!

    That is probably the most stunning creation I have ever seen. Unbelievable work, Heather. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your necklace and cuff is just SO beautiful! That must have been a lot of work!
    The feather beads are so pretty, too and look so great made up with the lovely colored ribbon.
    What a succsesful time you have had!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

I have made so many new and wonderful friends with this blog.
I really enjoy and benefit from your feedback about my work.
Please take a minute and comment. Thank you!