Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday a day late....

I had a very busy day yesterday and was lucky to be able to walk my dogs, take my photos, upload, edit and post on the site before I left the house at 9 am.  
I didn't get home until 6:45 pm and I forgot all about posting here for BTW.  
So a day late but here is my bead table from yesterday. 


I am working on Heather Powers Challenge: Inspired by Nature; 
this week's theme is the Forest Floor. 
Monday, my major work at home day of the week, 
I collected some great images from google and 
made a collage on Picnik for inspiration and color palette ideas 
and set to work with my polymer clay.
I made fall leaves,

 acorns,

 faux twigs,

 a slug, 
( much smaller than the ones we used to see in the NW when we lived there). 
 I really like the way my acorns turned out. 
 I added embossing powders under a layer of translucent clay 
to get the grainy look on their tops and 
then had to try some faux stones too. 

 I had a great productive day and will use these for another bib necklace.  
My plan is to put together a series and go peddle my wares to some local boutiques. 
Here's to wishing all of you a productive week too!! 


3 comments:

  1. LOVE your nature pieces. The acorns and rocks turned out GREAT! Can't wait to see the finished piece!

    {Hugs!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so much fun. The fact that you went the extra mile and made not only a collage but all those fabulous beads. Wow. I am really amazed at your creativity.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

I have made so many new and wonderful friends with this blog.
I really enjoy and benefit from your feedback about my work.
Please take a minute and comment. Thank you!