Sunday, July 17, 2011

Inspired by Nature: Trees Challenge

Heather Powers is one of my favorite bead makers.  
If you go over to her blog Humblebeads you can find out more about this weekly challenge 
and maybe even participate.  
She is hosting a retreat, working on a book and has beautiful beads she makes from polymer clay. 
Here is my entry for this week's challenge:
That amazing etched copper tree pendant was created by Christine Brandel.
Thanks for such a beautiful piece Christine! 
You can visit her at "A Hot Piece of Glass"  to see more about her and her wonderful creations. 
I have been saving this pendant for quite awhile just waiting for the right opportunity to put it to use. 
I hand beaded the spiral and since this is a very light weight piece 
I used my favorite style magnetic clasp for a closure.  
The little wooden beads are recycled from a really old necklace I pulled apart. 
To see more creative entries click HERE

4 comments:

  1. This is simply stunning!!! I am completely in love with it, wonderful use of that gorgeous pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!! What an amazing necklace, and I ADORE how you used the pendant I made! Just breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful piece! I love the etched tree from Christine. It feels like the perfect thing for your fall wardrobe!
    Enjoy the day, Miss Heather!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful piece, you show cased the beautiful pendant perfectly...it is a me necklace, something I would wear!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I have made so many new and wonderful friends with this blog.
I really enjoy and benefit from your feedback about my work.
Please take a minute and comment. Thank you!