Saturday, February 27, 2010

On the tails of my aquatic voyage..

I seem to be off to another land.  I am inspired by all the Archaeology shows my husband has been watching.  There is something very intriguing about hieroglyphics.  I saw a really nice necklace  and want to create some molds or stamps with an Egyptian theme.  We will see where that leads me... In the meantime I have a really funky necklace, almost steam punk.  I made my first attempt  with polymer clay at faux turquoise a week or so ago and decided to wrap the bead in coiled color coated craft wire.  Here it is- I think I will call this technique 
"Streamed Funk".   LOL !!!





Here is one of my new favorites, they all are for awhile.  I love the combination of red/purples and copper!!!  


Now I need to make a bracelet and earrings to go with. It is really hard to get the true colors of the faceted glass beads.  They sparkle with many colors, purple, gold, green...... So precious..


I

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have made so many new and wonderful friends with this blog.
I really enjoy and benefit from your feedback about my work.
Please take a minute and comment. Thank you!